Thursday, January 7, 2010

My Blahhhg


So I was just sitting here, minding my own business when up pops this picture. I almost peed myself laughing. My first though was, "Holy cow! When was that picture taken of me???" Then I realized I had been searching crack whores..I mean, posters.

It really cheered me to see this picture, honestly!  I've been "blah" since the holidays.  Oh, they were GREAT, don't misunderstand but these are what are called the "Dark Ages" at the Naval Academy.  Those yucky winter days between New Year's and spring break.  And our weather isn't helping lift my spirits.  Although, after seeing 55 inches of snow in New York I shouldn't complain about the cold.  (Last time I saw that much snow was Christmas 1986)

So, the hubs and I decided to do a weekend getaway. Actually, just an overnighter in downtown Annapolis.  Have I mentioned it's fucking cold here?  And it's REALLY cold when you decide to get out of the cab after dinner to bar hop, not even go into any bars and wind up walking back to your hotel like 3/4 of a mile away at 10 at night ...nearly froze the perfect ta-tas off!!  But, we had a blast anyway.  What what even better was Little Man learned my cell number and only called three times!  But besides the awesome, ummmm, "togetherness" we had, when we got home?  The house was CLEANED!  I mean, dishwasher was going, counters were wiped down, kids were fed.  My oldest never ceases to amaze me.

So, I'm sitting here doing not much of anything at all when I get facebooked by none other than my RECRUITER....Recruiter. The guy that put me in the Navy 25 years ago.  Yeah, I said the same thing--he's still alive???  Wow!!    Which made me think of one of my favorite posts.  Facebook.  I swear to God it has an evil soul.  I really think it was developed not as a networking site but a total fuck-with-your-head site.  And really?  If you don't know someone but you have a mutual friend (just ONE), why the fuck are you friending the person you don't know?  I get the whole six degrees of Kevin Bacon idea, but really?  I mean, if you say "Susie Blowzme", it had better takemore than six degrees to come up with Janie Woods. But honestly?  Who knows???  Susie Blowzme might be friends with Jack N. Off, who is friends with Mia Hand, and so on.  Next thing you know, I'm getting pelted with snowballs from Susie while Jack N. Off is buying me a round!!  Fuck!!!

Whew...sorry, I digressed there for a moment....Just had to get that off my chest!! 

Anyway, I know I'm just rambling today, so I'll leave you with this:

I love these fucking posters.....
 


2 comments:

Something Happened Somewhere Turning said...

Wonderful. Top Drawer...top drawer.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!
too funny.

perfect ta-ta's huh?

well I hope u didn't freeze em all the way off!

I love those posters too!