I log into Facebook this morning and see that I have X-number of unread emails. As I'm going through them, I see a somewhate familiar name. Wilma. I know several Wilmas but this one seemed more than familiar. Could it be because it's the cop's ex wife?? FRIENDING ME on FACEBOOK?? RUFKM?? Sending me messages? This is the woman that I had to deal with for over a year, calling my house and work, day and night, cussing me out, threatening my life. This bitch stalked me for nearly two years. Now she wants to be FRIENDS? Why, so she can kill me in my sleep??? I finally got her to stop when she threatened me over my work phone. It was at this point I asked her, "Aren't you a Filipino National?" Yes, was the reply. "So, let me get this straight, you are issuing a terrorist threat to a member of the U.S. Military on a government monitored phone line??? Really?" That was the last time she called my work. That response was due to a great FBI agent friend of mine who said I should charge her with extortion. So, yeah....She tracked me down on Facebook. Thank God FB doesn't show where I really live...Just the general location. She's one of the reasons for that...So, for those of you that haven't read this before or would just like a refresher, here it is!!
I actually dreamed about this last night. I mean, I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about Facebook! Facebook? Seriously?? I have nothing better than to dream about? There has GOT to be better subjects like, oh I don't know...My biology class, maybe? I spent six hours yesterday doing chemistry experiments in my kitchen, you would think THAT'S what I would dream of. Nope. Facebook. Which leads me to my Top Ten reasons to hate facebook.
10) It really gives cyberstalking a whole new meaning. I was cool with old friends looking me up. But I started getting leery when skeletons started opening closet doors. Hey, think about this: I haven't contacted you in 25 years. Do you think there's a fucking reason?? Why on Earth would you think that after I moved 3600 miles away from you, haven't even sent a Christmas card or a "what's up" when email and Google were invented, do you think I want to hear from you now? Well, those hints didn't work so now I have to be a real bitch and "ignore" your friend request. Fuck. I think the final straw came when the ex-wife of an ex-boyfriend hunted me down like a rapid dog and was like, "Hey! Remember me?? How ARE you????" like we were long lost pals. Never mind that after 17 years, we somehow wound up living 40 miles apart and are planning on doing lunch....
09) Mafia Wars, Vampire Wars, Farmtown, blah blah blah. OK, I admit it. They were fun. Well, not so much farmtown, but Mafia and Vampires were ok. WERE is the operative word. I played when I was bored and couldn't figure out what else to do with my life. But, after a couple of months I realized, "Hey! There's no prize for coming in first! And this game NEVER FUCKING ENDS!!!" Ok folks, for the love of God! PLEASE stop gifting me. If I don't log in for one day, I have around 1000 gift requests. It is soooo bad that leaving the Navy/Air Force game on Saturday (which, by the way , was the BEST football game I have EVER attended--more later) one of my "friends" saw me and said, "Hey! I sent you a gift on Mafia Wars! I really need the dragon sculpture. Do you have one?" Dude, seriously? Now?? I'm heading to a tailgater to drink beer before going home and drinking MORE beer! I'll get right on THAT request. Where are people's priorities???
08) Photo tagging. Please stop. Why do you insist on posting the worst photo of me ever taken in the history of my life and then tagging me? If you do it again, I will hunt you down, tie you up and take a picture of you in uncomfortable poses with an assortment of adult toys. I mean it, just don't.
07) Causes. It's great that you want to stop the goats eating the daffodils in Bumfuck, Iowa. I respect that, but joining a "cause" on Facebook isn't going to get it done. Sending money? That might help. So please, stop inviting me to join. I already give my time and money to my causes of choice.
06) Quizzes. I already know that I know more than you so stop challenging me. 'Nuf said.
05) The even more gift requests like, "Suzie just sent you some Hollywood glitter! Give her glitter back!!" No. I don't like glitter. I don't want glitter. I want nothing TO DO with glitter, even virtually. How retarded are you?? You're soooo bored that you send virtual glitter??? Get a life.
04) Virtual drinks. Again, admittedly, I have sent these. But I send them to people that I can't buy drinks for because they live the required 3000 miles from me. If you live within driving distance? Just buy me a round on Friday, you fucking tease.
03) Wifes and girlfriends. I gotta pick on the ladies here because it's nauseating. Really nauseating. I'm talking I throw up in my mouth a little when I read your posts--on your man's facebook page. Quit it. Seriously. Quit. No man writes cutesy crap on your page so stop. And if he does? It's because he's tired of you bitching at him that he never writes on your facebook. I mean, he would like to get laid and have you shut the fuck up for a few minutes, too. That's a bonus. If you are soooo insecure that you have to comment on every status update he makes and every picture he posts, you've got issues. PLUS, you obviously can't keep your fucking mouth shut about anything!! "Honey, I'm sorry you were vomiting the entire weekend and spent the football game on the toilet with diarrhea. I'm just glad I was there to take care of you." Or, "My husband is so hot, isn't he Julie?? We are debating nicknaming him McHotty or McDreamy...*sigh" One thing to post it on your page, no one who would give him non-stop shit looks at your page! (well, except me but you keep ignoring my friend request) Stop.It.Now.
02) Relatives. I know who my relatives are. Quit telling me to add more. Have you ever thought that I stopped the list when I did for a reason? Huh? Did you? FUCK!!!
And my number one reason for hating Facebook?
That shit is addicting.