Friday, September 4, 2009

Her Name is What?????

This is just a short, quick post about something that happened this week.  David, as you know, is my middle son.  He's my student-athlete, but not jock.  JIM is the jock.  Jim is the stud.  Jim has had more girlfriends than I can keep track of.  Jim and I talk about everything.  Although many of my friends snicker, he is very open with me about the status of his virginity.  I'm sure he's gotten at least a blowjob to third base, but that's not something I want him to share.  Really---I don't need that much information.

David, on the other hand, concentrates on his studies (A/P and honors classes in every subject--remember Jim is in night school because he doesn't have enough credits to graduate--hmmmm...) and his Tae Kwon Do.  He is very focused on what he wants and doesn't let anything distract him.  Almost to the point of annoyance.  Maybe envy, even.  I have no idea where he gets that gene! 

Yesterday I arrive home from work to a very happy middle son.  "I think I might have a date for Homecoming!" he says as I enter the house.  HUH???? Wha..?????  Are you kidding me?? Those were my first thoughts.  "Awesome!" I say, "that's very cool!  What's her name?"

Are ready for this???? 

"I don't know."

"What?"

"I don't know.  She told me to call her 'Blood'."

Holy shit.  I cracked a beer, lit a smoke, went to the patio and thought, "I hope she doesn't look like this..."
Then again, maybe I do....

12 comments:

Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Practice saying this without laughing.

"I'd like you to meet my daughter-in-law, Blood."

Daddy Files said...

This. Is. Awesome!

I demand a picture of your son and "Blood." I DEMAND IT!!

Southern Sage said...

bwhahahaahahaha

Blood!
haaaaaaaaaaaa

I agree with DF, I gotta see blood!

The thought occurred to me that he asked a chick to the dance who's name he didn't know? Haaaaaaaaa
go boy!

Martie said...

Now, this is funny. At least her name isn't "Vagina".

ciara said...

haha 'blood' oh my goodness...that should be interesting. let us know how it all develops :) lol

Teacher Tom said...

Yes, please, please do a follow-up about Blood.

Patois said...

And future grandkids? Platelet and plasma?

I, too, can't wait to see the Homecoming photo. Please, please, please, please make it happen.

PJ Mullen said...

Sounds like someone has been watching too many vampire love story movie things. We eagerly anticipate your introduction to 'blood'.

Chief said...

Where does someone meet a gal named blood? Just wonderin'

WeaselMomma said...

You have to fill us in on blood when you get to meet her. You can leave out the base rounding details. Unless thy are really funny.

S3XinthePantry said...

OMG! That's great!

I'm with the rest of the gang, tell us all about it!

~MommyOfManyFaces~ said...

Blood?? Seriously?? Oh well, maybe she'll turn out nice at least and won't bite...much!

Thanks for the follow, will return the LOVE!